Monday, October 20, 2008

Wohner on the Radio - Episode 4

Another Saturday on the airwaves of WSOE. I'm currently talking to bands about appearing on the show and the feedback has been pretty positive thus far. I'm not going to write any names. You know how it goes. Keep expectations low, high performance makes you a fan favorite. In regards to the show, it was breezy enough. The first of my fall releases came out last week so I played a lot of Keane's "Perfect Symmetry". Quick review: strong lyrics, 80's vibe, same droney vibe and strong vocals that you love from Keane's Tommy Chaplin. And a great album design concept. Otherwise, I'm still working on my new opening, which I will post once I get it right. But things are fun and the show is the highlight of my week. The feedback has been positive and I'm excited about finishing the semester strong.


Playlist:
Connor Obrest "Cape Canaveral"
Doves "Catch the Sun"
The Killers "Read My Mind" - Left the station to go on a bathroom break. Big station no-no.
The Cranberries "Zombie"
Silversun Pickups "Comback Kid" - Notice how all of the songs have had the C or K in them.
REM "Fall on Me" - [zzz]
Radiohead "The Bends" [!!!]
The Raconteurs "Steady as She Goes" - I used to love this song in high school. But this band is a bit overrated.
Tokyo Police Club - "In a Cave" - Great track.
Farewell "First One on the Blog" - Greensboro harmonizers.
Fall Out Boy "XO" - Say what you want about FOB, this closing track is entertaining.


(Second Hour- A more traditional hour of Wohner on the Radio)

Coldplay "Lost"
Sarah McLachlan "Sweet Surrender"
Keane "The Lovers are Losing"
The Strokes "Last Night"
Imogen Heap "Hide and Seek"
Jack's Mannequin "Bruised"
The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony"
Keane "Perfect Symmetry"
Bloc Party "Waiting on the 7:18"
Keane "Black Burning Heart"






1 comment:

Unknown said...

coldplay! I LOVE COLDPLAY! hey get that computer up there!